Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bon Iver

Probably one of my favorite finds of the year is a band named Bon Iver. I say it Bon I-ver, but it is french so it is pronounced Bon ee-ver. This is a guy who holed up in a cabin in Wisconsin and came out with the CD, For Emma, Forever Ago. The music and vocals are haunting and beautiful. I cannot compare him to anybody as I can't really place him in a category as well. If you are looking for something different, but safe, buy this album. Bon Iver has already been featured on Grey's Anatomy and last night he was on the NBC series "Chuck". Here is a YouTube video of him:

1 comment:

Vale said...

Ron is right. Bon Iver is worth every breathless haunting lyric. His melodies stay with you long after the lyrics are gone and his gentle voice is so soothing...especially driving along in pelting rain along a dark freeway.